- Active Events
- "Anxiety in the Classroom" presented by Karen Young, Hey Sigmund - September 19, 2023
"Anxiety in the Classroom" presented by Karen Young, Hey Sigmund - September 19, 2023
DATE | Tuesday, September 19th, 2023
Amon Carter Center at Lena Pope
3200 Sanguinet St, Fort Worth, TX 76107
(Click here for directions)
Schedule and More:
9:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch is included in the registration cost
Building social and emotional development
Anxiety loves anything unfamiliar or any situation that comes with potential for embarrassment, failure, humiliation, shame, or separation from a loved one - and school is ripe for all of them. Anxiety can significantly affect friendships, confidence, and school performance. All children and teens need the right support to thrive, and even the smallest considerations can go a long way to helping kids with anxiety find the very best version of themselves. Educators will learn:
- How to manage difficult behavior, grades, and performance.
- How to unlock a "learning brain"
- How to connect with anxious children in ways that will move them forward.
- How resilience happens in the brain - and experiences that will build solid neural foundations.
To Register for this event:
If paying by CREDIT CARD:
- For 5 or less attendees, click "ADD TO CART" and proceed with registering for this event.
- For 6+ attendees, click HERE to register for this event.
If paying by CHECK:
- Please click HERE.
If you have any questions or problems registering for this event, please email Brenda Grizzle.